20:30-21:30 (China Standard Time)
07:30-08:30 (Central Daylight Time)
ICFM Webinar No. 3 will be held on November 5, 2020, 20:30-21:30 (CST) and invite experts to discuss relevant issues. It will focus on the scientific and social-economic context of the 8th edition of the International Conference on Flood Management (ICFM8) and its theme — “lowering risk by increasing resilience”.
First, the webinar will place the ICFM8 within the context of the ICFM conference series. Subsequently, the presentation will profile the hosts of the ICFM8: the Iowa Flood Center (IFC), and IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering at the University of Iowa. Last, open discussions will evolve around the scientific and socio-economic drivers shaping the ICFM8 along with key dates and informational resources about the conference.
All are welcomed to join the webinar and constructive discussions are expected.
Audience questions are encouraged.
- Overview of the ICFM conference series
- IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering and Iowa Flood Center – Advances in flood monitoring and prediction
- ICFM8 - Lowering risk by increasing resilience
- Open discussions
- Marian Muste – Research Engineer, IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A., Chair of the ICFM8 Conference
- Slobodan P. Simonovic - Water Resources Specialist, ICFM Chairperson, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Gabriele Villarini –Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A.; Director of IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, the University of Iowa
- Witold F. Krajewski – Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A.; Director of the Iowa Flood Center, IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering
- Larry Weber – Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A.; Co-founder of the Iowa Flood Center and former Director of IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, the University of Iowa
Webinar coordinator: Cheng Zhang, Chairperson of the Permanent ICFM Secretariat, IWHR.
Technical support: Medcon Conference Service Platform (MEDCON)
ICFM8 - Lowering risk by increasing resilience
Visit ICFM8 https://icfm2020.org/participate/key-dates
Following ICFM Webinar No.3, the ICFM8 event will be hosted by IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa from August 9 to 11, 2021. ICFM8 will serve as a platform for ideas and experiences exchange on issues that affect flood management, particularly the resilience-building in the future in the future. It will identify concerns and challenges of future flood management. Till now, many contributions have been submitted and more are expected.
New Abstract submission: July 1, 2020 - November 15, 2020 (postponed)
Notification of acceptance: February 5, 2021
Full paper submission: February 6, 2021 - May 14, 2021