Updated at 7:30 p.m. BJT, Monday
The death toll has risen to 42 with nine people still missing, according to local authorities.
Updated at 7:50 a.m. BJT, Monday
The death toll has risen to 38 with 13 people still missing, local media reported early Monday.
The rescue mission continues to search for the missing people, local authorities said.
Updated at 11:50 a.m. BJT, Sunday
As of 11:30 a.m. local time on Sunday, the death toll from the landslide rose to 36, with 15 others still missing, local authorities said.
Search and rescue efforts are still ongoing.
Updated at 8:00 p.m. BJT, Saturday
29 people are dead and 22 more remain missing, said local authorities.
More rescue equipment has been deployed to the site to speed up the rescue process.
Updated at 4:00 p.m. BJT, Saturday
The death toll has risen to 28 with 23 people unaccounted for, local media reported on Saturday.
Updated at 7:24 p.m. BJT, Friday
The death toll has risen to 26, while 25 people are still missing, according to local authorities.
A rescue operation is underway.
Updated at 4:50 p.m. BJT, Friday
The death toll has risen to 24 while 27 people are still missing, local media reported Friday.
The 11 confirmed survivors have been sent to the hospital for further treatment as the search and rescue operation continues.
Authorities say the number of people affected by the incident has increased to 85 from 77.
The total includes 77 locals and 8 people from other provinces.
Updated at 8:59 a.m. BJT, Friday
Two more bodies were recovered on Friday morning from a landslide in southwestern China's Guizhou Province, bring the total death toll to 22 with rescuers still working against the clock for the other 23 missing.
The two bodies were respectively found on the east and west side of the landslide, one at 9:50 a.m. and the other at round 11:00 a.m.Another five bodies were pulled out earlier on Friday, including three children and two women, a local fire department official confirmed.
There are currently 11 known survivors.
At about 9:20 p.m. on Tuesday, a landslide hit a village in Shuicheng County, Liupanshui City, burying over 20 houses.
The volume of silt in the landslide was estimated to be more than two million cubic meters.
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday gave instructions on the disaster-relief work and called for all-out effort for those affected.
Thirty million yuan (about 4.35 million U.S. dollars) has also been allocated from China's central budget for disaster relief by the ministries of finance and emergency management.
According to the local authority, 23 households with a total number of 77 people were in the affected area. Among them, 21 people were not in the village when the landslide occurred.